Monday, August 06, 2007

Elections race...way too early

I watched the debate of the
Republican's on Sunday morning.
There was about 7 or 8 of the people
who are running for President.

I know about half of them. Being I am
of the Cafeteria Party (vote on both sides
of the aisle) I was interested to see how
they faired and to see if I liked any of them.

I went in to it, not liking Rudy. Too many
things going on in New York before 9-11,
too many issues. 3 wives, some
of the complaints you heard New Yorkers
complaining about him being
mayor and not high on others list.

There was Mitt from Massachusetts, John
McCain from Arizona, Rudy from New York,
Tommy Thompson, not to be confused for
"I'm not running yet" Fred Thompson. Some
guy named Paul from Texas. It must be hard
to run from Texas, considering that our last
one didn't please much of us.

The rest of the bunch were former governors and
Senators from California, Arizona, I think Colorado.
And as you can see none of them impressed me
enough to try to remember who they were and
what they stood for.

I have to admit that Rudy did a better showing then
the rest. John McCain looked tired. While I watched
Mitt, I could see Kerry. (same state? I don't think that
is why, but the changing of mind) Tommy Thompson
was dull, and the Paul guy, had some good points and
bad.

One thing that sticks in my mind as I watch these debates.
This is going to be one long election race. It will be interesting
to see who has the endurance. And Fred Thompson... is he being
coy? Is he seeing how bad the winds blow? Now they are referring
to him as Ben Cartwright, while I think of Kenny Roger's song words,
"You got to know when to hold them, and when to fold them".

No comments: